Bath Bomb VS Shower Steamer
by Jonny Parker
Posted on Oct 31, 2018
What are Bath Bombs??
Bath bombs are a hard-packed mixture of dry ingredients, which effervesces when becoming wet. They are used to add essential oils, scents and colors to bath water. In water, the sodium bicarbonate in the bath bomb reacts with the citric acid to release carbon dioxide gas.
C5H7O5COOH + NaHCO3 → C5H7O5COO−Na+ + H2O + CO2
Here at Bubbly Belle, we take bath time very seriously. Settling in for a good soak after a hard days work or even play is like taking a well deserved time out or an energetic pick me up for your aching muscles. Our bath bombs will turn your simple bath into a rejuvenating spa experience. The aromas and therapeutic properties of different essential oils are just endless.
Bath bombs are generally spherical but can be found or made in a variety of shapes, such as tablets or pressed into molds of your choice.
Our bath bombs contain:
- Essential Oils: The essential oils found in these bath bombs are concentrated plant essences that have the power to influence our body and mind.
- Epsom Salts: Epsom salts will draw toxins out of your skin.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda will not only alkalize but will also draw out toxins.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is anti-viral, containing both lauric acid and capric acid. It can also help to sooth and moisturize the skin.
- Citric Acid: Citric acid is found in fruits and vegetables, and will give your bath bomb its fizzy quality.
- Corn Starch: Corn starch is a natural source of energy and prevents low blood sugar.
- Fragrances: Aroma-therapy to put you in just the mood.
What is a Shower Steamer??
Don’t have time for a luxurious bath, or dislike sitting in a bath, or just don’t have a bath tub? Consider using a shower steamer instead.
Shower steamers are my go to in the morning when I need a wake me up or in the evening, in a hot relaxing shower before bed.
Shower steamers are similar to bath bombs, except that they contain no moisturizing oils for the skin so that they don't make the floor of your shower slippery. Simply place a shower fizzy on the floor of your shower where the water will hit it, turn on the water, and step inside. The water will cause the shower fizzy to break apart and dissolve, thus releasing the fragrant essential oils.
Shower Steamers are great for sinus relief. If you purchase a shower steamer that contains eucalyptus oil, Ravintsara, Peppermint and menthol crystals you can use it to help clear out your sinuses when you have a cold.
Here are some of my favorite bath bomb and shower steamer blends:
Meditation Blend: Vetiver, Patchouli, Cedarwood and Lavender
Concentration Blend: Rosemary, Basil & May Chang (one of my favorite blends)
Centering oneself: Frankincense, Cypress, Atlas cedar and Angelica
Just Happy: Sweet Orange, Rose, Jasmine, Bergamot, Lemon, Frankincense and Geranium.
There are so many blends to consider. Come and see all the different varieties we have to choose from at www.BubblyBelle.com.
Head over to Bubbly Belle to order some of our one-of-a-kind bath bombs.