Who isn't an avid bath bomb fanatic? With so many new companies popping up and the endless amount of bath bombs out there, it is no wonder why this trend is taking off. Each bath bomb has a very holistic purpose when it comes to certain bath bomb companies, but there is one for sore muscles that works wonders. The Magnesium Bath Bomb.
Even after searching the usual places for a sore muscle bath bombs, I was unable to find one that really did the trick. What better reason does one need to make their own?
Making bath bombs can be a pretty simple task, but when it comes to making these muscle relaxing bath bomb, one must be focused. I mean you could soak in epsom salts and that would definitely help, but that doesn't sound to exciting does it? What you are looking for is a bath bomb with arousing scents and that can heal. That’s where the idea for magnesium bath bombs began to take shape.
The essential oils in Magnesium bath bombs are strong in their ability to ease muscle tension, soothe soreness, and alleviate the aches and pains associated with exercising.
Magnesium oil not only acts as an amplifier for the pain relieving essential oils in this recipe, it also helps to slowly top up your magnesium levels when absorbed through the skin. Did you know? Magnesium is an amazing muscle relaxant and keeping your levels in top condition prevents muscle cramps during exercise.
But that's not all the benefits magnesium has. It is also responsible for easing:
• Blood pressure issues
• Muscle spasms
• Restless leg syndrome
"Magnesium impacts nearly every system of the body by playing a major role in over 300 enzyme functions. It regulates the metabolism of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, nucleic acids, and cholesterol production. It helps modulate insulin sensitivity and maintains the structural health of cell membranes. Magnesium also helps keep your teeth and bones strong and healthy among many other amazing things which you can read about here."(source: https://www.holistichealthherbalist.com/magnesium-bath-bombs-sore-muscles/)
This is a great recipe for those who are big into lifting or exercising and need a nice relief.
Magnesium Bath Bombs For Sore Muscles Recipe
This bath bomb recipe is pretty easy to throw together and keep on hand for when you need a therapeutic soak for sore muscles, spasms, and cramps.
Magnesium Bath Bomb Ingredients:
• 1 cup baking soda
• ½ cup Epsom salts (be sure to grind these up in either a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder – this is the secret to a great bath bomb that holds together well)
• ½ cup citric acid
• ½ cup cornstarch, powdered milk, or powdered coconut milk to make a luxurious vegan bath bomb
• 1 TB magnesium oil (this is my favorite brand, but this one is also a great option. It even comes as a nighttime blend!) Also, see the note below!
• 1 TB coconut oil (added a little at a time until mixture holds together)
• 10 drops peppermint essential oil
• 5 drops ginger essential oil
• 5 drops balsam fir essential oil (can sub Douglas Fir)
• 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
• 5 drops copaiba essential oil (can sub helichrysum)
• A large glass bowl
• A small glass bowl
• Fork for mixing
• Bath bomb mold, ice cube tray, or another type of mold for pressing your bath bombs
Head over to Bubbly Belle to order some of our one-of-a-kind bath bombs.